World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Sharad Yadav

Article Id: WHEBN0012396503
Reproduction Date:

Title: Sharad Yadav  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Badaun (Lok Sabha constituency), Alliance Air Flight 7412, Jabalpur (Lok Sabha constituency), National Democratic Alliance (India), List of political parties in India
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia

Sharad Yadav

Sharad Yadav
Chairperson of the JDU
Personal details
Born (1947-07-01) 1 July 1947
Akhmau village in Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh
Political party Janata Dal (United)
Spouse(s) Dr. Rekha Yadav
Residence New Delhi
Alma mater Jabalpur Engineering College
Occupation Politician
Religion Hinduism
Website .in.sharadyadavjduwww

Sharad Yadav, is a politician from the Janata Dal (United) party. He had also represented Bihar in the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament. He has been elected to Lok Sabha seven times and to Rajya Sabha twice.


Sharad Yadav caused a lot of controversy by admitting that he has been chasing girls and that it is natural.[1][2]

Sharad Yadav is a pro-reservation politician and supports caste based reservation instead of meritocracy. [3][4]

Sharad Yadav has also been accused of participating in Hawala scam and by some reports has also admitted to his role in this scam. [5][6][7]

Early life

He was born on July 1, 1947 in a farmers' family of modest means at Akhmau village in Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh.

Parliamentary Constituency

He was elected first time from Jabalpur (MP) constituency of Lok Sabha in 1974. It was the time when JP Movement was on peak and he was the first candidate chosen by Shri Jai Prakash Narayan for political arena on election symbol of Haldar Kisan. Again, he was elected from the same constituency in 1977. He was elected from Baduan (UP) Lok Sabha constituency in the year 1989. Thereafter, he has been contesting from Madhepura Lok Sabha constituency. Madhepura is one of the 40 Lok Sabha constituencies in Bihar State in eastern India. Madhepura district is one of the thirty-eight districts of Bihar and the town is the administrative headquarters of the district. Madhepura district is a part of Kosi division. Madhepura parliamentary constituency has a population of 45,015 (2001 census). Males comprise 55% of the total population while females constitute the rest of 45%. Sharad Yadav has so far after the year 1991 has won from Madhepura Parliamentary Constituency as follows.[8] He was defeated in Madhepura in 2014 Lok Sabha elections.

Year Name Party
1991 Sharad Yadav Janata Dal
1996 Sharad Yadav Janata Dal
1998 Laloo Prasad Yadav Rashtriya Janata Dal
1999 Sharad Yadav Janata Dal (United)
2004 Laloo Prasad Yadav Rashtriya Janata Dal
2009 Sharad Yadav Janata Dal (United)


  1. ^
  2. ^
  3. ^
  4. ^
  5. ^ http://articles/Hawala_scandal
  6. ^
  7. ^
  8. ^ "Madhepura Parliamentary Constituency". 

External links

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.